West Seattle Junior Football & Cheer started in 2007 with a handful of volunteers committed to developing an inclusive football program for the youth in West Seattle.
We are still a 100 percent volunteer organization. There are no paid positions.
Thank you to everyone who has volunteered as our coaches, team parents, chain-team, clock keepers, concessions help, and board members. Every hand helps.
Below is a list of open positions and volunteer opportunities. It's OK to team up and split a position with another person.
If you are interested in volunteering, or receiving more information, please contact Jessica Meeds, the board volunteer manager.
Board Roles and Positions
Past President: Provides guidance and continuity.
- Provide overall direction for the franchise
- Facilitate board operations Facilitate board meetings
- Attends NJFL board meetings
- Serve in the president’s absence
- Manage coaches
- Works with NJFL with coach registration
- Facilitates coach meeting/training
- Assist with game day volunteers
- Manage franchise funds
- Supports registration and concessions
- Procures/manages insurance
- Buys equipment
- Manage franchise records and records minutes
- Manages player registration
- Manages scholarships
Board Volunteer Manager**
Recruits and manages volunteers for 10 key volunteer positions (Merchandising, Sponsorship, Fundraising, Team mom cord., Game day volunteer, Cleat exchange, Concessions, Concession volunteer mgr., Banquet manager)
Fundraising and Sponsorship**
- Identify, recruits, and stewards sponsors
- Determine sponsorship levels/amounts
- Manages raffle baskets for end-of-year banquet
- Manages Social media and website
- Manages game and practice photography
Player safety Cord.
- Managers the scholarship program
- Assists with registration
Selects, inventories, and sells merchandise (at home games)
Team Parent Liaison
- Recruits and serves as board liaison to the team parents
- Manages team parent communications
- Assist in Concession Management and Fundraising
Gameday volunteer recruiter
Recruits game day volunteers
Player Recruitment Cord.
Develops and executes a plan to recruit players
- Manages concession operations
- Buy concession supplies
*Executive Board | **Voting Board Member
Year-End Celebration Committee: Food, raffle baskets, décor, or awards.
Coaches: Head and assistant coaches at all levels.
Coach Coordinator: Assist in coach administration, including recruiting coaches and managing coach certifications.
Coach equipment cord: Ensures coaches have equipment
Concession Shift Manager
Equipment Manager: Maintain, distribute, and inventory equipment.
Field Day Committee: Help with promotions or run a station for preseason field day in July.
Field Setup and Takedown (Hiawatha)
Game Day shift manager: Ensure volunteers reports to their assigned duties or positions
Photo Day Coordinator: Arrange details with photographer and be the liaison for the teams with forms and information to coordinate team photo day.
Team Positions (May tag-team/rotate where appropriate)
Team Parent (for your player’s team):
- Assist head coach with administrative duties.
- Manages picture forms for their team
Team Photographer: Take occasional photos of your player’s team practicing and at games.
Team Videographer: Take video footage of your child’s game for Hudl.
Team Concession volunteer coordinator
Game Day Team Manager
Game Clock Operator
Game Clock Operator Spotter: works with game clock operator to spot referee signs and signals.
West Seattle Jr Football and Cheer
3614 A California Ave SW, #147
Seattle, WA 98116